I often hear about quality resources and recommendations for sellers. Here are some from Sell It Online! and the great people in the Minnesota Online Sellers and Entrepreneurs and Minnesota eBay Sellers Meetups. Come to our next meeting (third Thursday of the month) and get lots of valuable information…too much to fit it all here!
Note: Some of the links may be affiliate links to help us keep these, and other, resources coming – just want to be upfront about it!
DISCUSSION INFORMATION FROM MEETUP
Recommendations from our members:
Alibaba – tips and what to look for when choosing a supplier/manufacturer:
- Make sure they have trade assurance and are a gold supplier with a few years of experience.
- Try to find a manufacturer instead of a supplier/reseller
Recommended Accounting/Bookkeeping/Inventory products being used:
- GoDaddy Bookkeeping (used to be Outright)
- WAVE apps
- Selling Family Jessica Larrew, Bootcamp has an accounting video (you have to be a member)
Logo and sticker resources:
- You can find designers who will create affordable logos here:
- 99designs (designers bid on your project)
- Sticker Giant
- Sticker MuleSticker Mule
Get an international shopping cart for your wordpress web site. It creates the cart in the language of the user’s browser. This plugin: ecwid. Search for it on wordpress.org
Buying UPC codes:
- GS1 UPC db buy directly from GS1 for amazon,
- speedy barcodes guarantee their codes are never used.
- Video from Cynthia Stine at egrowthpartners.com http://egrowthpartners.com/411-upc-codes/
- Cynthia Stein on bundling multiple brands together – I couldn’t find the video but here is her blog: http://egrowthpartners.com/blog/
July 21-22nd 2017
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bloomington
– Minneapolis South
7800 Normandale Blvd
Loads of information about selling on Amazon and eBay.
July 25-27, 2017 in Las Vegas
WEBSITES & FACEBOOK GROUPS
The Thrifting Board – Terrific, friendly group that shares invaluable information every day. Closed group, ask to join.
Cross Stitch Buy and Sell – If you sell needlework kits or supplies or you know someone who does needlework, check out this page. Closed group, ask to join.
ShowSold.com – Chrome extension that you just set and forget! Shows you the actual sold price on eBay and Etsy. $9.00 for lifetime access to the desktop extensions. $99 for lifetime access (or $4.99 a month) to the extensions PLUS a mobile solution.
BOOKS, PODCASTS, and MORE
EntrepreneurOnFire – John Lee Dumas
Add Video to your eBay Listing
- Upload your video to http://www.youtube.com (you’ll need to set up an account).
- View your video on youtube.com and look for the Share link, highlighted in yellow below, and click on it:
- Copy that URL and put it into the code below, replacing the example URL (http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXXXXXXXXX):
<!– BEGIN VIDEO –>
<div style=”position: relative; text-align: center; margin: auto; width: 100%; max-width: 600px;”>
<div style=”width: 100%; padding-top: 75%;”>
<div style=”position: absolute; left: 0; right: 0; top: 0; bottom: 0; margin: auto;”><object data=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXXXXXXXXX?rel=0″ type=”text/html” width=”100%” height=”100%”></object></div>
<!– END VIDEO –>
- Paste the entire code block into the description of your eBay listing. Make sure you are viewing the HTML
- Now when you view your listing in Standard mode you should see the first image from your video.